The classroom supply fee for 2009-2010 is $25 per student, with a $75 maximum per family. This fee is due by September 30, 2009.
Because of unforeseen circumstances, we have had to change the location for the Parent/Teacher/Student meeting on Sunday, August 23, at 7:30 P.M.
The meeting will now be held at the People of Praise Community Building at 6730 Old River Road, Rockford.
This building is easy to find.
Take N. Main Street (Hwy 2) north out of Rockford past Boylan High School. You will be in the country!
Continue on Hwy 2 until you come to the sign on the right for Old River Road.
Turn onto Old River Road, and follow it for 0.3 miles. Turn left to stay on Old River Road. The People of Praise Community Building will be on your left.
Click here for a Google Map of the location.
The Rockford Guild of the Catholic Medical Association
Cordially Invites you to an EVENT:
Date: FRIDAY, June 5, 2009
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Holy Family Church (basement)
MAIN SPEAKER: Rev. Fr. Michael Black
Topic: “Why should Catholics, especially Medical Personnel, believe and obey the Catholic Church?”
Some Questions that need to be answered:
- What authority does the Catholic Church have to impose her will on me, or other good Catholics?
- Do we have to believe everything the Church says?
- What about freedom in the Church?
- Jesus gave us a Bible and all truths are revealed in the Bible.
- Since the time of the Apostles people got all their information from reading their Bibles. Now, why do we have to listen to the Church instead?
- The Church talks so much about the Eucharist. How Biblical is that?
- I heard a learned person say on TV that the Church’s teaching on abortion is a recent thing. Is it not?
- As a medical person the Church should not tell me how to do my job. On medical matters I know more, even on ethical issues.
- I can disobey the Church and still go to heaven as long as I follow my conscience. Why can’t I pick only the teachings I agree with?
ALL ARE WELCOME and the event is FREE, but a freewill offering could be made to cover basic costs.
PLEASE BRING PENS AND PAPER FOR NOTE TAKING, SINCE THIS WILL BE A VERY EDUCATIONAL PRESENTATION WITH PLENTY OF TIME FOR QUESTIONS